A new user has been created on the Windows Server, with an Exchange/Outlook email account, and now that user logs into their workstation for the first time.
You must have the following information:-
- The user's username.
- The user's initial password.
- The name of the Windows or Exchange server on your site.
- Be able to identify the printers the user will require access to.
- Login as the new user using their username and password
- All the site's default drive letters should have been created on login -- verify this by looking at Start->'My Computer'.
Once windows has started up and created a new profile for the user, you will need to connect their Outlook to their account on the Exchange server, and also select the printers they can use.
- Start Microsoft Outlook (normally using Start->Email).
- You will be greeted with a dialogue box asking if you want to setup an account.
- Select to setup a 'Microsoft Exchange' account and click Next
- Enter the name of your server in the Exchange Server textbox.
- Enter the new user's username in the Mailbox textbox
- Click Check Name. The username should be replaced with the user's full name and underlined.
- Click Next.
- Go to Start->Run
- Type in \\SERVERNAME where SERVERNAME is the name of your local server.
- Click OK.
- A window with the server shares and server printers should appear.
- For each printer required to available for the user, right-click on the printer and select Connect...