How do I setup outmail (outbound SMTP) on Exim for WHM?
How to setup outmail (outbound SMTP) for the Exim mailserver in WHM or cPanel?
Follow the guide below to configure Exim to use Outmail as an outbound smarthost.
1. Login to your cPanel & WHM Admin Panel as an Administrator.
2. Go to Home -> Service Configuration
3. Click on the 'Exim Configuration Manager' button
4. Click the 'Advanced Editor' tab
5. In the section marked 'Section: AUTH' add the following lines:-
Where OUTMAILUSERNAME and OUTMAILPASSWORD are your outmail credentials provided on sign-up.
6. In the section marked 'Section: ROUTERSTART' add the following lines:-
Where mxXXXXXXX.smtp-engine.com is the server provided on sign-up.
7. In the section marked 'Section: TRANSPORTSTART' add the following lines:-
Where mxXXXXXXX.smtp-engine.com is the server provided on sign-up. You can use either 2525, 25, 8025 or 587 as the port.
8. Click the SAVE button, and exim should restart.
Once it has restarted the outbound emails should all be sent through outmail.
Summary of details
Uninstalling / Removing outMail
To change your outgoing SMTP server settings away from outMail simply follow the setup guide above and where asked to enter the outgoing SMTP mail server address and login credentials please use those provided to you for the service provider you are moving to.