Dication or Transcription Footswitch is installed but doesn't seem to work.
There are two types of connectors for the dictation footswitches -- Serial and USB.
The serial connector has 9 small holes in a D-shaped plug, and two screws to hold it in the socket.
- The USB connector is a 1/2" flattish metal connector with a slot in the end.
Inside the transcription application the correct footswitch needs to be selected:
- Go to Tools->Footswitch Settings.
- Make sure the correct type is selected. USB or Serial.
- If Serial is selected, the COM port should be COM1.
- Click OK
- The footswitch should now highlight the play/rewind arrows when pressed.